L4d-servers.com - How It Works
L4d-servers.com is stats service automatically gather data from our servers pool and store it for easy comparsion between servers. L4d-servers.com is designed to be helpful tool for server owners and Rust players.
How It Works & Data Accuracy
Every 5 minutes bot gather data from all servers in our pool, and store it in our DB. Between this checks data may change.
Total Players Online data is calculated from all servers in our pool, and refresh every 5 minutes.
This product includes GeoLite data created by MaxMind, available from http://www.maxmind.com.
We provide simple API for each server in our pool. You can use this data on your own manner. Data refreshed every 5 minutes.
Learn more about our API here.
At this point rating calculation algorythm is still in testing. I'm working on it's improving, so it can be changed anytime to improve accuracy.
(VOTES / 1.5) + UPTC + AVG
- VOTES (Total votes for last 30 days)
- UPT (Rating based on server uptime) Recalculated every 5 minutes, if server is UP it will gain +1 pts, if DOWN will lose -2 pts.
- UPTC = UPT * 0.01 / 2 (Uptime coefficient)
- AVG (Average players online in last 12 hours)
At first sight this formula seems to be too complicated, but it considers most important factors of a good server, such as the average number of online players and server uptime.
Higher uptime and average online players = higher rating. There are no paid services to increase rating!
- Fancy Hostname must be without tags, rates, special symbols, wipe dates and other trash info. We dont need this in page title, your server's full hostname will be displayed in special section, so please input short and fancy hostname.
- Your server must be online to be added and you need to provide a valid IPv4 address (No hostname or IPv6).
- Your server must accept TCP/UDP connections on server port that you provide (by default use 27015). In some cases (Firewall, Anti DDoS) you must add our IP to whitelist: 22.214.171.124
- We do not like servers that increase the number of online players by using bots, mods, etc. If your server uses a such tools, be prepared for the fact that he falls into the black list.
No Data! Error
If you see No Data! error on server page this may have several causes. Most often this error appears when your firewall block our IP. To fix this you need to add our IP to whitelist:
Then you can check whether we get your server's data here by specifying IP-Address and port of your server.
Ping operates by sending Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP) echo request packets to the target host and waiting for an ICMP echo reply.
We check servers from different locations every 15 minutes. If you don't see ping statistics in your server page this mean ICMP is blocked by your firewall.